Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Storytime: Cats

Family Storytime for ages 3-8 with craft.


Books

By Betsy Lewin


I Don't Want a Cool Cat!
by Emma Dodd


Nini Here and There
by Anita Lobel


What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
By Jan Thomas


Additional Books:

Guess Who Purrs by Dana Meacham Rau
Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes
Kitty Up! by Elizabeth Wojtusik and pictures by Sachiko Yoshikawa
Millions of Cats by Wanda Gag
When Cats Dream by Dav Pilkey


Songs


(Tune of "Bingo")

I know a cat with perky ears,
And kitty is her name-o.
K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y,
And kitty is her name-o.




A kitten is hiding under a chair.
(hide thumb under other hand)
I looked and looked for her everywhere.
(peer around looking)
Under the table and under the bed.
(pretend to look)
I looked around the corner, and when I said,
"Come here, kitty kitty, there's milk for you,"
(cup hands for a dish and extend)
Kitty came running and calling, "Meow, meow."
(run fingers up arm)



Kids in Motion

"The Freeze" with scarves
From Kids in Motion by Greg and Steve



Craft



No comments: