Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Storytime: Dinosaurs, Big and Bad

Family storytime for ages 3-8 and their families with a craft.  There are so many good new dinosaur books, the kids loved these!

 Books

Dinosaur vs. Bedtime [DINOSAUR VS BEDTIME -OS]
by Bob Shea


The Super Hungry Dinosaur 
by Martin Waddell


I'm Bad!
by Kate and Jim McMullan


Additional Books

Dinosaurumpus! by Tony Mitton
Prehistoric Actual Size by Steve Jenkins
T Is for Terrible  by Peter McCarty

Song

I'm a Mean Old Dinosaur
(Sung to: I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a mean old dinosaur,
Big and tall.
Here is my tail.
Here is my claw.
When I get all hungry,
I just growl.
Look out kids...
I'm on the prowl!


Craft

Pasta Fossil Dinosaurs

Provide dry pasta for the children to paste onto black construction paper to create dinosaurs.  I found white chalk was useful for the parents to sketch dinosaurs for the littlest ones to fill in with pasta.

No comments: