Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Children's Book Award Links

One of our fantastic library aides is taking a children's literature course and was asking for assistance identifying different awards for children's books. My favorite two resources I found were... "Book Awards" from Cynthia Leitich Smith's website www.cynthialeitichsmith.com This is a fantastic website anyway with some great booklists and resources, but I'm particularly impressed with the obscure awards she posts in addition to the standard ALA Awards. "Awards and Prizes" from www.childrenslit.com Just when you thought you knew all the awards there could be... you find a website like this. Lots of great links on this one. The website in general has some original book reviews, but all their booklists and resources are links to other sites-- in any case, it's still fun to browse. My SLIS program had access to their Children's Literature Comprehensive Database, which, by the way, is great. I wish my library had money to subscribe to it!

No comments: