Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Storytime: My Body

Family Storytime for ages 3-8 with craft.  Hands, feet, eyes, and nose.  Lots of full-body fun!


Books 

 A Book Of Thanks (All Of Me!)
By Molly Bang


I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))
By Karen Beaumont with pictures by David Catrow


Parts (Picture Puffins)
By Tedd Arnold


Piggies
By Audrey and Don Wood


Additional Books:

The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss
Here Are My Hands by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault and pictures by Ted Rand
My Two Hands: My Two Feet by Rick Walton and pictures by Julia Gorton


Songs:


Hello, My Name Is Joe
(chant)
Hello, my name is Joe.
And I work in a button factory.
I have a home and a job and a family.
One day my boss says to me,
"Hey Joe, are you busy?"
I said, "No".
"Okay, turn the button with your right hand."

Rhythmically turn right hand while chanting rhyme and add cumulative movements.

Turn the button with your left hand.
Push the button with your right foot.
Push the button with your left foot.
Push the button with your head.
Push the button with your tongue.


Tony Chestnut & Fun Time Action Songs


Songs for Wiggleworms
"Hokey Pokey" from Songs for Wiggleworms



Craft:

No comments: