Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Storytime: Sports

I was requested to provide teamwork/"always strive to do your best" books for older kids (grades 3-5). I put the books, not in the order I read them, but based on how well they were received by the group.


 Wilma Unlimited: How Wilma Rudolph Became the World's Fastest Woman
Wilma Unlimited
by Kathleen Krull and pictures by David Diaz




Miss Nelson Has a Field Day
Miss Nelson Has a Field Day 
by Harry G. Allard and pictures by James Marshall


 JoJo's Flying Sidekick
JoJo's Flying Side Kick
by Brian Pinkney


 Little Granny Quarterback
Little Granny Quarterback
by Bill Martin, Jr. and Michaek Sampson
and pictures by Michael D. Chesworth


Salt in His Shoes: Michael Jordan in Pursuit of a Dream
Salt in His Shoes 
by Deloris Jordan and Roslyn M. Jordan
and pictures by Kadir Nelson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4 out of the 5 I used to read to my second graders, good choices.
Mom