Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Storytime: Hats

Stories for the older kids (grades K-2).


Sherman Crunchley
Sherman Crunchley
by Laura Numeroff and Nate Evans and pictures by Tim Bowers


Caps for Sale- A Tale of a Peddler, a Monkey and Their Monkey Business
Caps For Sale
by Esphyr Slobodkina


Aunt Lucy Went to Buy a Hat
Aunt Lucy Went to Buy A Hat
by Alice Low and pictures by Laura Huliska-Beith


The Magic Hat
The Magic Hat
by Mem Fox and pictures by Tricia Tusa


I wasn't too big a fan of Sherman Crunchley, but I wanted to do a storytime with The Magic Hat and Caps for Sale. I might have mentioned this before but I love asking the kids to be my monkeys in Caps for Sale. There is nothing like a classroom full of kids enthusiastically playing along-- and the "tsk, tsk, tsk" sounds great from so many little mouths. Any book recommendations for replacing Sherman the next time I do this storytime?

No comments: