Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2007

Little Mama Forgets

I am currently enchanted by Robin Cruise and Stacey Dressen-McQueen's Little Mama Forgets. A little girl named Lucy has a grandmother who is losing her memory. And although she forgets some things she doesn't forget everything. The give and take between the grandmother and granddaughter reminded me of my experiences with my own grandma. The pictures are whimsical and add another dimension to the story. For such a difficult subject it is such a happy book. And, as an added bonus it is about hispanic characters (can't seem to get enough of these).

My favorite bit from the book, is when Little Mama forgets about the toast and burns it. So they have rice pudding for breakfast instead. And Little Mama always remembers just how to pour Lucy's cream.

No comments: